Managed Laptop for Lawyers
The Microsoft Surface Book
Exceptionally versatile and ultra-thin
Incredibly powerful, meticulously crafted
Includes Windows 10 Pro and Office 365
Enterprise Mobility Suite Security
Linked to your 1 TB of Cloud Storage
Unlimited Cloud backup, forever
Detachable touchscreen display
13.5-inch PixelSense Display
The ultimate laptop
The Microsoft Surface Book combines the 6th Generation Intel Core processor and 8GB of memory for an unparalleled laptop experience. Boab IT’s Managed Laptop for Lawyers is built to handle all of the professional tasks you throw at it, without limits. The Surface Book handles the most demanding tasks without sacrificing battery life either, with up to 12 hours of battery life*.
Work anywhere, anytime
Take your office along with the Surface Book
Bundled with Office 365
Always available, always up to date
Work with your Team
Collaborate with your team seamlessly
When you have a Boab IT Managed Laptop for Lawyers, we don’t just wait for you to call our support team like most IT companies do. We prefer to proactively monitor and maintain every managed laptop or any other device we have under management. This means continually developing our 24/7 agents to tell us about the health of each devices hardware performance, software configurations so it can compare this information with historical trends and best technical practices so we can be alerted if something doesn’t add up.
Boab IT Portal
The Boab It Portal has been designed to help create Simple Technology – easy to use, powerful and reliable. It provides a single view of the technology your business relies on, with point and click functions that make even the most complicated network become child’s play.
Did you know that over 75% of support requests to most support desks are adds, removes and/or changes. Depending on your Service Level Agreement, these tasks are generally the last to be looked at as they don’t have an immediate impact to your business. Technical break/fix issues are generally treated with a higher priority.
Not with the Boab IT Portal. The process could not be faster as the actions are completed in real-time without the danger of breaking the internet, or similar. We have wrapped your actions up in bubble wrap so you can’t hurt anything!
Managed Laptop - included value
- Microsoft Surface Book (i5/8GB/256GB)
- BOAB IT hardware replacement guarantee*
Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium
- Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
- Exchange Online (50GB email mailbox)
- Skype for Business
- User and Company Cloud File Server (1TB of cloud storage)
SkyKick Cloud Backup
- Unlimited backups of user emails
- Unlimited backups of cloud storage
BOAB IT Preventative Maintenance and Monitoring Agent
- 24/7 hardware device monitoring
- 24/7 performance trending analysis
- Preventative device maintenance
- Automatic issue detection and resolution
BOAB IT Management and Support
- Unlimited phone, email and remote support
BOAB IT Professional Services
- Pre-deployment, configuration and testing
- Configured per user
- Assisted setup and installation on delivery (remote)
- LEAP cloud client preinstalled (requires a LEAP subscription)
What happens when I order a Surface from Boab IT?
We ensure that every device has been thoroughly tested before being configured for each firm and its allocated user. Once completed, the device is shipped directly to your address. As all of the technical work has already been done, connecting your Surface is a simple process, just unpack, plug in and log on! If you have any challenges, our Service Team is always available to walk you through the process or answer any questions. You can log onto our portal which has lots of videos and helpful how to guides to get you started.
Will Boab IT migrate my data?
Yes. For every new device, whether a Surface or Workstation, we will migrate one (1) mailbox (including your emails, contacts and calendars) to the new allocated users Office 365 mailbox for no charge as long as the email server is from a support source location, including Microsoft Exchange, Google Mail, Lotus and more. If you have a specific email system not listed, please ask our support team to confirm if the migration will be included. For any data stored on users desktops, document folders etc, we recommend uploading these to the new users OneDrive storage account before using your new Surface or Workstation. If you have a large amount of data on your company file server, we can migrate this data as well for a a charge to due to the steps we take to ensure all data is uploaded to the cloud is clean and complete.
What software is included with each Surface?
BOAB IT includes the following software licences:
- Microsoft Office Business Premium – includes 50GB email mailbox/contacts and calendar, full Microsoft Office 2013/2016 for up to 5 devices, 1TB of OneDrive storage
- 1TB of cloud data storage – this replaces your old company file server and gives you access to your data, anywhere
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite – includes Premium AD for device management and Microsoft Intune for virus protection
- Skykick Cloud Backup – backs up all of your companies email and cloud data storage, unlimited and forever
- BOAB IT Management Agent – the real hero that keeps your systems operating at 100% efficiency, it even fixes problems before they affect you
What operating system does each Surface run?
All Workstations run the full Windows 10 Pro operating system. This means you can run your normal programs, apps, and browsers.
Can I run multiple programs at the same time?
Absolutely, each Surface lets you multitask like a pro. Run as many desktop programs as you need simultaneously – they will even snap into place on your screen so you can use them all at once!
What is Surface Pro made of?
The casing of each Surface Pro is made out of a magnesium alloy which is lighter and more durable than aluminum
Does the Surface Pen that works with the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book work with other Surface devices?
Yes. With Palm Block technology and 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, Surface Pen gives you a surprisingly natural way to mark-up documents and take notes in your own handwriting.
How does the new Surface Pro differ from the previous model?
Surface Pro features a larger PixelSense display and the latest Intel 6th generation Intel processors for increased power and performance, while being thinner and lighter than the Surface Pro 3.
If I have an iPhone or Andriod phone, will email, contacts and calendars work with the Workstation?
Yes, we have even prepared some quick how to videos and articles providing the few steps needed to sync up all of your devices.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
- Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium
- Microsoft AD Premium
- Microsoft InTune
- Skykick Cloud Backup
- BOAB IT 24×7 Preventative Maintenance Agent
- BOAB IT 24×7 Monitoring
- Magnesium casing
- 6th Gen Intel Core i5 CPU
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB Solid state drive (SSD)
- i5 Intel HD graphic
- 13.5″ PixelSense LED screen (3000 x 2000)
- 10 point multi-touch
- TPM chip for enterprise security
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Dimensions 232.1 x 312.3 x 13 mm
- Weight 1516 grams
- Full-size USB 3.0
- Full-size SD Card reader
- Headset jack
- Mini Display Port
- Surface Connect
Cameras and audio
- 5.0 megapixel front-facing HD camera
- 8.0 megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera
- Dual Microphones, front and rear facing
- Stereo microphones and speakers with Dolby
*Up to 12 hours of video playback. Testing conducted by Microsoft in September 2015 using preproduction Intel Core i5, 256GB, 8 GB RAM device. Testing consisted of full battery discharge during video playback. All settings were default except: Wi-Fi was associated with a network and Auto-Brightness disabled. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
*Hardware replacement guarantee. Applicable to technical failures, does not include accidental physical damage. Accidental Damage Cover is available as an optional add-on.
CONTACT - HEAD OFFICE
Level 2, 120 Sussex Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Sales & Accounts 1800 659 765
Tech Support 1300 219 454
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org